Blogs > Lighten Up With Patricia

47-year-old Patricia Warnock of Mentor is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

EAT YOUR VEGGIES!!!

I was trying different ways to incorporate veggies into my meals so it doesn't become a "chore".  My little mind got a ticking and BOOM! it hit me... sneak them into your morning egg white omelet.  Low and behold I have created a monster in myself.  Green peppers, onions, black olives, turkey snausage AND brussels sprouts.  Yes, you heard me right, brussels sprouts.  I peel those little suckers and drop them in and they get a very pretty green and when the egg white is added they get steamed a little. OH MY GARSH was this the best breakfast I've had all week! 
 
Despite my little setback of having malaria, I'm trying to eat well and at least do arm strength training.  My lungs are on the right path to feeling better, which means I will soon be able to start my cario up again.  If anyone says it is easy to be in this contest, mark my words... you are wrong!  Life hits us and hits us hard. We want to just pile on the excuses, but I have worked around my illness and am finding ways to push past this obsticle. 
 
It was nice to see fellow Leaners at Cabana's last night.  I hope everyone is doing well and I hope to see you next week for supper!  It was delish, by the way....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm uber proud of you and got your back on anything you need, my dear!!

xoxo - Holly

February 7, 2013 at 6:09 AM 
Blogger Tricia said...

Thanks Hollyberry!

February 8, 2013 at 1:21 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home