Blogs > Lighten Up With Patricia

47-year-old Patricia Warnock of Mentor is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Oh I do not swim well....

I finally went to the West End branch this weekend.  I was a little nervous about going because my niece was going to help me with my swimming.  I hadn't been "swimming" in years only because I'm afraid of the water.  I learned to swim as a kid but that was because my folks wanted me to learn so I wouldn't drown.  Little good that did... every time I would get into water I would get leg cramps and blub, blub, blub... end up with a mouth full of water and hate the water even more.  So.... my darling 16 year old niece took it upon herself to teach me and make sure I was doing what I already knew BETTER.  All I can say is one hour later I had learned to backstroke like a champ and be less fearful of the water.  Freestyle, hmmm not my forte YET!  Walking in the kiddie pool for for 1/2 hour was very tiresome. Especially when we changed direction and tried to high knee walk. 
 
 
Today I may forgo my regular gym and head up to the Y to try out their workout room and then hit the pool and see if I can swim without drowning.  Maybe I'll wait until after our weigh-in on Saturday so I can spend more time with my swim pro! Thank you darling Abby.....
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home